Thursday, July 23, 2009

As Old As You Feel


On July 11 of this year, I had my 70th birthday, and one thing I noticed is that there are very few if any other seventy year olds blogging here on Blogger, or anywhere else for that matter. Therefore I might be considered by some, to be a little peculiar. Some of my friends who are my age, may be saying,(Behind my back of course) "Larry should get off that computer and get a life", but as far as I'm concerned, I do have a life. I enjoy my computer, and I love the friends I have made here.
I really didn't think I would live this long considering the fact that my parents died very young with heart related problems. My father at 59, my mother at 47. Angioplasty saved my life, which did not exist a generation ago, and the word cholesterol was unheard of.
My daughter-in-law called me on my birthday, and asked if I felt any older, I said, "Not any older than I did yesterday I suppose, but I think there is the psycological effect of moving from your sixties to your seventies, as there always is when you move from one decade to the next".
My wife,(Bless her heart), who is two years younger than me, still gets embarrassed when I park in a space marked as senior citizens only, probably because she walks two miles everyday, but it doesn't bother me at all. She doesn't seem to mind though when we take our discount at the Chinese Buffet.
I've always been against putting my picture, or anyone from my family on this blog, but I thought maybe some of you might want to know what we look like,(Or maybe not). Anyway here we are, just two ordinary folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated "Happy birthday", Larry, it's great to see your look and to see you together with your wife. I like the photo. :-) But I don't believe you are just two ordinary folks, each one of you must be special. Special in God's eyes, in your way of life and by your perception of life, don't you think so? I know nothing about your wife but I am definitely glad to have met you on the Internet.
I agree that there is the psycological effect of moving from one decade of one's life to the next. When you are thirty or thirty nine, you are still thirtyish but then you are fourty and that's different. All of sudden you are older... Well, I'll be fourty in a few months so I understand it perfectly... ;-)

Larry said...

Thank you very much Petra, and you are quite right, we are all special in God's eyes.

PSALM 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

I too am definitely glad to have met you here on the internet.

Take care, and may you and your family be ever blessed. :-)